FriendlyScore’s API is a simple way to offer Open Banking PSD2 connectivity services and access customer identity, account, transaction and balance data from all integrated banks in the United Kingdom.
FriendlyScore’s application programming interface (API) facilitates the connection, processing, and transfer of data. At a high level, an API is a program that takes in some data and gives back some other data, usually after processing it. FriendlyScore uses REST architecture which means you can access the API’s resources via a URL and HTTP protocols.
Behind FriendlyScore’s API is an analytics engine that converts raw open banking data into readable, user-friendly data. It also uses this data to produce a suite of analytical data such as spending patterns and credit risk scores which can then be retrieved and used in analytical projects. FriendlyScore displays data retrieved from the API in a user-friendly dashboard.
The FriendlyScore API allows you to access the following data from connected accounts:
- Account: account holder name, account number, IBAN, e-mail address, mobile number, address and other KYC information
- Credit card: card network, last four digits, name on card
- Transactions: description, amount, category, date and more
- Balances: current and historical
- Insights: personal (employment, income, salary verification and financial markers), and business (payroll and financial markers)
- Forecast: financial credibility score (ability to make credit repayments), liquidity score (solvency forecast for 30, 60 and 90 days), financial balance prediction (for 30, 60 and 90 days)
Additional API features:
- Customer Invitations: generate an invitation link or let FriendlyScore send an automated invitation e-mail
- Transaction categorisation: manually update the categorisation result for a specific group of transactions
- Upload your own data: allow FriendlyScore to categorise and build analytics for your own internal bank transaction data
We provide connectivity to all major banks in the United Kingdom.
We offer several ways to interact with our API:
- Please see our Postman page and the Postman Public Documentation
- You can also download OpenAPI Swagger file
We offer a ready-made UX flow so customers can easily connect their bank accounts to your application.
- Implement our ready-made customer journey on Web-based component, Android or iOS
- Fully customise your customer journey for Web-based Apps, Android or iOS
Additionally, we offer a Customer Invitation System available in both the Customer Panel and Invitation API Endpoint so your customers can self-register via the FriendlyScore platform.
You can run FriendlyScore’s API in either sandbox or live production environments. The former allows you to test the API without affecting live customer data or interacting with customer data. The latter should be in place when you begin inviting customers to use FriendlyScore.
|sandbox||Use this environment to test your connection|
|production||Use this environment for production|
Was this article helpful?
Friendly Score UK Ltd.
42 Brook Street, Mayfair
London W1K 5DB
Call us on +44 20 3709 6726
Company registered in England
Company number 09168668, ICO ZA111687
VAT registration number 206 9758 80
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (FRN: 821100, 781963)